
Today is my moms birthday! I love how Jen posts all the wonderful things about a person on their birthday, so I wanted to share my feelings about my mother today!
She and I have a very close bond, as I'm sure a lot of mothers and daughters do. But ours is particularly strong. Probably due to me being an only child, and her being a single mom for a while. It has made us both very close to each other.
She has taught me through example, how to be a Great Mom, how to stay close to my Heavenly Father even when it's not easy, and how to love unconditionally. I am so proud of her and all the things she has accomplished in her life. Even when others thought it wasn't possible, she found a way through determination and perseverance.
She has a love for others that is amazing. Through out her years of working with people, she has shown me how to truly CARE for others and put others needs before my own. She has an amazing capacity to love. There were a few difficult times when I was a teenager, that my mom stayed up all night with me, because I needed her. It didn't matter that she had to go to work the next morning, or that she was tired. It is times like those that I learned how important my mother was to me. I couldn't have survived without her!
She has also taught me how to have fun! One of my favorite memories is of her helping me "acquire" a flashing barricade from a road construction project, putting it in the car and driving away! That barricade visited many people in our neighborhood. Usually at night, in the winter, and right in front of their bedroom window......Good Times. It lived in our garage for a while, unfortunately, we didn't know how to turn off the flashing light. But my parents indulged me anyway!

My mother has helped and guided me through out my life. I love her dearly! And I miss her like crazy! Thank goodness for flat-rate long distance, so we can talk for hours on the phone!
So "Happy Birthday Mom"! I Love You!!!
So "Happy Birthday Mom"! I Love You!!!






3 of you left a comment!:
Happy Birthday Joey (does she have internet access yet?) It will be so nice for you and your mom to not have to be so far away from each other soon! And I have to agree - I think "only" daughters and their moms share an especially close bond!
P.S. How did you get music on your blog? I love the song you chose - Depeche Mode, right? Ahhh...it takes me back.
Happy Birthday to Joey!!!
It is so difficult to get in touch with your Mom and Dad!
I left a couple of messages and sent a card.
I hope it was a wonderful day for her to celebrate!
I also agree about "only" daughters and Moms being so close!
Kellie is my best friend. and she has helped ME through difficult times....sometimes the roles reverse....
Happy Birthday Joey!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah you have a blog. I posted a little Happy Birthday for your mom but then I started thinking does she even have internet access? That was a very nice blog. I have to agree with Ladawn they are hard to find. Maybe you have better luck, hopefully they got our message. I am glad you have a blog
Post a Comment