Ok, so I finally decided that it was time to enter the "World of Blogging"! After lurking around everyonelse's blogs, I decided to give it a try. You will have to forgive the lack of recent pictures, due to the fact that Canon is repairing our camera at the moment. It should be back next week!! So in the mean time, I have plenty of "older" pictures to add to keep you entertained. So, let's catch everyone up to now....
Eric - just started his 10th (and final!) term of Chiropractic School. Repeat after me..."YEAH!!!!" He is doing his internship in the Pasadena Clinic, which means commuting 1-2 hours everyday. Eric only has 1 BIG test, and a few assignments left to finish before he graduates. He is also required to have community service hours, so he has been volunteering at the Help for Brain Injured Children (HBIC) Center on his day off. It's emotionally exhausting, but makes him really appreciate coming home to 2 healthy children. We are looking forward to GRADUATION on April 18th! I can't believe he's that close. There is still National Boards Exams, and some state licensing after that, but no more school! We are working on moving back to Utah before graduation, but nothings definite yet.
Me - I'm just like the rest of the stay-at-home mom's. Every day is the same, and every day is completely different! I am currently in a "clean out and organize" mode in anticipation of moving. Eric is a little worried because I like getting rid of things. Between all of Eric's school stuff, Spencer's toys, and all the things a baby requires, 4 people and 2 cats, there is just way to much stuff in our little apartment right now! I am so ready to move!
Spencer - is anxiously looking forward to his birthday in a few weeks. He is very excited to be 5. He has been learning how to read lately and is very proud of himself. He has also been asking me the definition of just about every word he knows. He says that he is just making sure. My favorite one recently was after Eric asked him to do something, then said "never mind". Of course, Spencer asked what never mind meant, so I asked him what he thought it meant,.......... "It's when you thought you did, but you didn't!"
Jordyn - Well, she's 9 months old.....she is cruzin' the furniture, climbing on everything, falling a lot, has 4+ teeth, wants whatever you are eating, wants whatever Spencer is doing, loves to chase after the cats and "pat" them, and puts EVERYTHING in her mouth, and LOVES to eat paper for some reason. My favorite is when she puts something in her mouth and crawls around the house with it. Right now, it's one of Eric's socks...at least it's a clean one! The other day she was trying to put clothes on Freeway. When he would move, she would put it in her mouth and crawl over to him and try again. He's a very patient cat! and she is a very persistent little girl!
We had a wonderful Christmas at our house this year, for the first time. Eric's parents came down from Lancaster with his Step-brother from Oregon, and spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with us. Then we went up to Lancaster and spent New Year's at their house. It was very nice to get away for a few days.
So there you go, my first Blog!
Until next time!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Getting Started...
Written by The Colby's at 6:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 of you left a comment!:
Yippeee!!!!
I'm so glad you have a Blog!!
I really look forward to reading your stories and seeing the pictures!
Nice job, Mischelle....and the kids are soooo cute. They are changing so much.
Congrats to you, Eric!!!!
Yay! I'm sort of new to blogging too, but I don't know how society can function without it! It's great to be able to "keep in touch" this way. Can't wait to you come back "for real" though!
I'm so glad we'll have a better way to keep tabs on you now. I'm glad you'll be coming "home" soon too so we can see you more (I hope). Good luck with your cleaning and organizing. I've decided it's an ongoing process, but one I love. Blog away!
Post a Comment