Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Jordyn!!!


I have been thinking about the morning that Jordyn was born, and can't believe that it has really been 1 year. I remember spending the whole night telling myself that I wasn't in labor, it was just Braxton-Hicks that wouldn't go away. If I could just relax, I was sure they would stop. I couldn't be in labor, it was 1 month too early, Eric had finals that whole week, I wasn't ready for a baby yet!!! Thank goodness Eric convinced me to go to the hospital just to make sure, Because I was at 9.5 cm! 20 minutes later she was here! And now, a year later, we are 2 weeks away from Eric graduating, and moving back home. Amazing what 1 year can do! That tiny baby has now taken a few steps, wants to eat EVERYTHING, has wrapped her daddy around her tiny finger, and loves to play with her big brother. I love having a girl, so I can put bows in her hair and make socks to match her outfits. We love our Baby Jordyn!!!! (who isn't really a baby anymore....guess we'll have to come up with another name)

4 of you left a comment!:

Stephens Family said...

Happy, happy birthday Jordyn! What cute pics! We're thinking of you today - we miss you and hope you have a fun celebration!

Me - Jen said...

Wow it really has been a year, incredible. Hope you were able to find time aside from packing to enjoy her special day. Cool and cute pictures and Happy Birthday Jordyn!!

la-dawn@juno.com said...

Happy Birthday Cute Girl!!!
April is the greatest month to have a birthday!!!
Hope it was a wonderful day!

Sherri said...

That is a great birth story! I can't believe you didn't think you were in true labor since you were almost a 10 when you made it to the hospital. I am to that point right now, just hoping for once that I can go on my own. Good thing Eric sent you to the hospital. I was almost born in a VW bug.