For those of you who have moved recently, you know that it is no small task. Especially with children! Add that to living in a 2 bedroom apartment, and having no garage or any place to stack the boxes once they are packed, and you have Total Mayhem!! (See attached photo for proof!)
On top of all this, they are remodeling the apartment complex. This means that this morning, at a very early 7:30am, they began demolishing our front porch railing. We are talking sledgehammers, saws, and anything else LOUD! Not only that, but they are also replacing the wood slats above the windows, so there is noise coming from every side. It seamed especially loud in our bedroom.......wait I see light coming out of my closet!!!!! Oh look!! There is a HOLE in my closet now, that the construction worker in looking into, not to mention the sheet rock, wood, and who knows what else that is now all over everything that was in there. (I guess I'm packing that side of the closet today!! Sorry Eric!) So as I'm moving everything out of the way, the guy looks in and sees me, and says "Sorry!" How do you respond to that??? "That's OK, I'm moving anyway", or "Well, now I know what I should pack today, Thanks" or "Why does that beam go clear into my closet anyway?".....All I could do was smile and continue grabbing things that were getting pummeled with debris.
The one good thing is that Spencer and Jordyn have been very entertained watching them through the window, which has allowed me some free time to catch up on silly things, like dishes and laundry. However, the noise is making Nap Time impossible, so I will have one cranky baby tonight!!
Now, as if we don't have enough going on, Eric just found out that there is a Chiropractor retiring in Ontario, and wants to GIVE AWAY his x-ray equipment. Well, Eric was the first one to call him, so on Saturday we are going to pick it up. I have NO IDEA where I'm going to put it. So far the only place I can think of, is to pull the couch away from the wall and put it all back there! I can't really complain about it because it's probably about $10,000 worth of equipment. (Yes, that is comma in there) AHHHHHH! I just hope that there isn't an earthquake anytime soon, or we will all be buried alive!
This next 10 days are going to be a true test of my coping skills. Spencer is mad that I'm packing his toys, Jordyn wants to unpack everything I pack, and I have nowhere left to put anything!! Let alone walk. My only hope is that they will be finished with the patio by next week, and maybe I can put some stuff out there for a few days!
Wish us luck! If you don't hear from me in a few days, send someone over to look for us!
Friday, April 11, 2008
MAYHEM!!!
Written by The Colby's at 1:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 of you left a comment!:
Pretty funny. I love your sense of humor and adventure. Can't wait to see you and hang out once you get all settled in Utah. On my profile for my comment there should be an "email me" button or something. Just send me a note so I can get your email address and get back to you.
You poor thing - it sounds like a sitcom! At least you're keeping your sense of humor. And just think - it will all be worth it, right? You're coming HOME!! And wait - did I understand that you guys are traveling to Ontario tomorrow? Like that's all you have to do! But hey - ya can't pass up a deal like that! Good luck - we're thinking of you and can't wait to see you SOON!
Post a Comment