For the end of the school year, Spencer's Kindergarten class had 2 Field Trips. The first one was to the Hogle Zoo and the second was to Wheeler Farm. During the school year I had volunteered in the class with Junior Achievement, so I got to go in once a week and teach a fun 30 min lesson. So because the kids were familiar with me, Ms. Redd asked if I could help chaperon the field trips. It was so fun to get to be with them and feel their excitement for everything. They wanted to go everywhere and see ALL the animals. Unfortunately, we only had 45 min. So we ran, and hit everyone's favorites. To keep track of 5 kindergarteners and not lose any was pretty exciting. I decided that they were my "Fabulous Five", and they would answer when I called them that and we could be off to see the next animal. I think we saw 95% of the animals in 45 minutes - amazing! This was Spencer's first experience riding on a school bus. I'm not sure what he looked forward to the most, the bus or the zoo.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Next Event To Catch Up On....
Written by The Colby's at 6:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 of you left a comment!:
Post a Comment