Friday, March 20, 2009

The First Day of Spring!!


It has been absolutely georgous outside today! I even took the kids to the park and let them play and run around in all the wonderful sunshine!! (Sorry, didn't have the camera....) It has made me want to get outside and do something with our yard. Maybe plant something - like flowers - or just rake up all of the dead grass , which happens to be most of it. It will be interesting to see if we can bring this lawn back from the dead! But hey! At least I have a yard!! Beats apartment living any day!!
One of my favorite things to do today (and also on the first day of Fall) is to stand an egg up on it's end. (Proof below, notice the dead grass in the background!) It is "supposedly" only possible on the Equinox. I just think it's funny to see an egg standing on it's end all by itself. And it entertained the kids for a while too!
So get out and enjoy the day!!Hope you have an "egg"cellent first day of Spring!!!

1 of you left a comment!:

Stephens Family said...

Oh cool - I forgot you can do that trick with an egg. I bet your kids thought you were magic!